Founded in 1992, the JOURNALIST ASSOCIATION OF INDIA (JAI) is a non Profit professional and education organisation and regd. with registrar of society of India (Government of India) in 1994, under the society registration Act 1860 India.

Home > Education

UGC checks 53 private universities, finds only five ‘in order’

UGC checks 53 private universities, finds only five 'in order'
Union Minister for Human Resource Development MM Pallam Raju has said that out of 53 private universities inspected by the University Grants Commission (UGC) only five had been found to be in order. Out of the total 145 private universities, only 53 had been inspected, the minister said while replying to supplementaries during question hour in the Rajya Sabha. “Fifty-three universities of the... 

Supreme Court gives nod MCI for holding common entrance exam

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court has given its go-ahead to the Medical Council of India (MCI) for holding the first-ever common entrance examination for admission to MBBS, BDS and post-graduate courses but restrained it from declaring the results until further orders. The court also allowed various states, universities and other institutions entitled to conduct their respective examinations for... 

Can this be compulsory? see the news attached

Can this be compulsory? see the news attached
Dear All   See the news displayed in Malayalam daily, The malayalamanorama, today- the file attached. The gist of the news is that the report has been published based on a reply from the registrar of travancore Cochin medical council against an RTI complaint made by rtd Dy. Drugs Controller Mr N S Alexander (interest behind this is quite evident). The RTI reply says that as per MCI code of medical... 

76 medical colleges seek exemption from NEET

76 medical colleges seek exemption from NEET
76 medical colleges seek exemption from NEET TNN | Dec 12, 2012, 03.24 AM IST   NEW DELHI: Even as all medical colleges, both government and private, are preparing to admit students in MBBS courses through a National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test ( NEET) for the academic year 2013-14, several medical colleges have moved the Supreme Court seeking exemption from it on the ground that they... 

Role of MCI & SMC

Role of MCI & SMC
SEVENTH SCHEDULE OF THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA List I – Union List: entry No.66:   “Co-ordination and determination of standards in institutions for highereducation or research and scientific and technical institutions.”      The Graduate and the Postgraduate Institutions included the MedicalColleges come under this List I, entry No.66 of the Constitution of India. To maintain... 

Four new govt medical colleges in offing

Four new govt medical colleges in offing
Four new govt medical colleges in offing TNN Nov 19, 2012, 05.12AM IST Bhubaneswar: The union government, in partnership with the state governments, is planning to open over 60medical colleges across the country during the 12th five-year plan period (2012-17). The union government will fund 75 per cent of the cost while the respective states will bear the rest 25 per cent. The union government... 

Journalism Fellowship Programme Applications 2013-14, Reuters Institute

Dear All this email received by me on my email Id. Please go through contents of this email and verify it, as we don’t take any responsibilty in regard to contents mentioned in this letter. If it suits you please contact directly mentioned in this email. Sara Kalim sara.kalim@politics.ox.ac.uk 11:09 PM (0 minutes ago) to me, hksethi, info, hksethi.journa. Dear... 
Copyright © 1992-2013. Journalist Association of India. All rights reserved.
Customized by JAI Team.
Hit Counters Visits so far.